I WANT TO BE INFORMED ON WAYS TO BRING MY BUSINESS TO NEW HEIGHTS AND NEW MARKETS
WE HEAR YOU. AWFS®Fair is all about delivering the relevant education you need to navigate your business through evolving times. The AWFS®Fair’s comprehensive education program, the College of Woodworking Knowledge (CWWK™) provides in-depth coverage of the issues that concern you now, and gives you a workable roadmap of real solutions and best practices for solid business advancement.
Learn from Dozens of Industry Experts. The CWWK education program is packed with speakers and topics to enlighten, inform and elevate your business practices and know-how. CWWK seminar registration will open in late April, 2017.
Attend Cutting-Edge Technology Sessions. Stay abreast of what’s new with our famously popular SMART! Seminars, the technical sessions conducted on the show floor early in the morning before the show opens.
New Tracks and Topics for Today’s Needs. New in 2017: Workforce Development track focusing on how to infuse your company with skilled workers and support efforts in the industry, Industry 4.0 track focusing on new technology. Sessions in Spanish and sessions on plastics fabrication are also featured.
FREE Seminars! AWFS®Fair is pleased to offer FIVE FREE sessions on the following topics:
- Wednesday: Workforce Crisis: Job One, with Kent Gilchrist, Woodwork Career Alliance (WCA)
- Wednesday: Creating an In-House Training Program Using the WCA Skill Standards, with Scott Nelson, Woodwork Career Alliance (WCA)
- Wednesday: Legislation Affecting the Woodworking Industry, with representatives from EPA and AF&PA
- Friday: Developing a Written Workplace Safety Program, presented by Kelly Baetz with the Safety Consultation and Training Section of OSHA
- Friday: Manufacturing Training Centers: Sourcing Your Next Employees, with Dean Mattson and an industry and education panel
These sessions are free and open to all attendees at no-charge, but registration is required. Please add these seminars to your list when registering for classes.
Also, don’t miss our FREE AWFS Fair keynote presentation, featuring film and television legend John Razenberger on Thursday, July 20 at 8:00 a.m. (registration not required)
Visit the AWFS®Fair STAGE for more education. Podcasts, “meet the maker” interviews, and more.
Seminar Locations: All classroom seminars are on the main level, in classrooms N101-N120. The technical SMART seminars are held on the exhibit floor. Session and room/booth numbers will appear on your badge for any seminar in which you are enrolled. You can also find the information on signage in the main lobby or stop by the information or AWFS booths for a Schedule at a Glance take-away sheet.