College of Woodworking Knowledge®
AWFS®Fair is known for the top-quality education it provides. With input from attendees and industry experts, we have designed a program that tackles head-on the issues concerning you, and provides the real solutions and on-task strategies you need to improve productivity and stay competitive.
At the College of Woodworking Knowledge® (CWWKTM), you’ll have the opportunity to dive into the topics that will affect the way you operate going forward: business and manufacturing challenges, emerging technology, lean manufacturing strategies, environmentally sustainable developments, improvements to finance and marketing, safety courses and more.
CWWK includes classroom style seminars and panels, all-day workshops, and the popular SMART seminars (Special Machinery and Relevant Technology) sessions are technology-oriented seminars conducted on the exhibit floor before the show opens in the morning.
Seminar descriptions coming soon!
Eight targeted tracks provide focused, topical coursework presented by business and woodworking experts.
- Business Management
- Small Shops Ten and Under
- Cabinet / Millwork
- Software & Technology
- Techniques & Applications
- Hand-Crafted Furniture
- Safety & Environment
- Teacher Track
A variety of program styles allow you to mix and match a curriculum that suits your needs. CWWK includes classroom-style seminars and panels, skill demos, all-day workshops, and the popular SMART Seminars.
The SMART Seminars (Special Machinery and Relevant Technology) are technical in nature and are conducted on the show floor to take advantage of the machine processes, comparative processes and more. The SMART seminars are capped at 25 due to space limitations at the exhibit booths. Some sessions may be offered more than once.
- 1 1/2 and 2-hour seminars (including SMARTs): $55 ea ($75 after June 29)
- 3- and 4-hour sessions: $75 ea ($100 after June 29)
- SMART Seminars: $55 ea ($75 after June 29)
- All-Day Training Workshops: $150 ea ($200 June 29)
Prices shown are before any applicable discounts.
The CWWK Offers:
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU) certificates for all seminars, printable on-site for all classes completed! Simply go to the CWWK registration area after you attend any session and use your badge to print our your certificate.
- Headphones for the SMART seminars on the show floor.
- A satisfaction money-back guarantee on the seminars. If you are not satisfied with your seminar, please ask for a refund form on-site.